Image above: Designed by Resa Blatman; includes detail from Hieronymus Bosch’s painting, Garden of Earthly Delights
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Sunday, April 23, 2017; 1:00 pm
Nave Gallery (Teele Square), 155 Powder House Blvd, Somerville, MA
The Nave Gallery in Somerville is hosting an art sale fundraiser—Nave 155—on Sunday, April 23 at 1:00 pm at our main gallery in Teele Square. All items in the sale will be priced at $155, with proceeds benefiting the organization and its programming.
If you would like to contribute a piece of art, please review the details below and contact email@example.com.
For information about the Nave Galleries, applying for exhibitions, volunteering, etc., please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• We kindly ask that you donate only original works of art, not scanned or printer copies of works (thank you!). All work must be framed and ready to hang with wire
• Accepting works up to 18” x 24” in all media
• The Nave will take a minimum commission of 40% on pieces sold, and it will be up to each artist to determine if he or she would like to allow for additional commission
• Pieces not sold will be returned to the artist
• Please include a link to samples of your work in your email. While will will not be curating individual pieces, we do want to ensure a level of consistency in the show and will be reviewing the overall work of show participants
The Nave is an incredibly active arts organization in Somerville, producing exhibitions at the Nave Gallery (Teele Square) and Nave Annex (Davis Square), in addition to numerous public art projects and festivals. In the last four years alone, we have shown nearly 90 high-quality exhibitions between the two galleries.
As a very small volunteer-run organization, this breakneck speed has been exciting, yet ultimately unsustainable, and we have decided to slow our pace in 2017 so that we can focus on building a sustainable arts organization. This necessary slow down, while vital to ensure that we continue to exist, means that we will experience a gap in operating revenue. Funds raised from Nave 155 will help the gallery remain open while we strategically plan for a stronger future.
Confirmation for donating: Wednesday, March 15
Art Drop-off: Saturday and Sunday, April 8 & 9
Preview of work for purchase: Friday, April 21 (evening; time to be announced)
Sale date: Sunday, April 23; 1:00 pm
Art pick-up date (for unsold pieces): TBD